Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy New Year 2010 - Part 2

Hello again..

Okie so its been more then 30 days since we closed our eyes for 30 seconds.. hehe.. nyways what did you see… Whats your resolution for the year ? How do you imagine yourself on 31st Dec 2010?

Did you see yourself actualizing your dreas.. getting admission into your dream college,, IIMs anyone ?? getting that much awaited role or rather designation or is it hike ? Some of you might have visualized themselves as more fit and healthy, some may have joined some new institute, working for your dream company - new job, traveling to your favorite holiday destination etc etc The list of our dreams is endless…. And it should be also, no I mean it.. When we dream and visualize them - the probability of achieving them increases manifold.

When I closed my eyes, I saw smiles everywhere…. I saw everyone I met, met me with a smile…. My heart took me to my dreamland or was it heaven, here everyone is busy, living life to the fullest {Live It For Ever}.. I just want to distribute happiness and smiles to those in destitute..

I am sure somewhere deep in your heart, even you feel this way…. Don’t you ? cmon, I can see your nodding head… ;) So this is what we want.. now lets see how can we achieve it… talking in professional language – lets draw an implementation plan.

But before that, a have a small story to tell you.. in fact its not a story, it’s the situational dilemma we encounter every day….

Situation: The vehicle in which you are travelling for your routine travel is suddenly stopped. It’s a traffic signal and a small kid from nowhere appeared next to you.. He is trying to persuade you to shell out some bucks. Yes he is begging – begging for food or money, on pretext of being hungry since days..

What do you do in such a situation?

Action 1 - Lift up window glass button to roll up the glass or simply turn around to stare at red light or look at the vehicles nearby.

Your mind attempts to convince your heart “Good, you did not give money to the kiddo, discourage begging. One day his parents shall realize that all he needs is books, toys and not the small broken bowl to beg”

Harsh Reality: Unfortunately neither the kid nor his parents understand our far sightedness, he cribs and moves ahead to the next vehicle in anticipation of optimism.

Action 2 - You opened your wallet, found a Rs 2 coin, you gave the coin to the kid.

This time your heart attempts to convince your mind “Good, you gave money to the kiddo, he is hungry and now he can go and have food.”

Harsh Reality: The money you gave will get passed on to his parents and he will again continue the same story next day.

Irrespective of weather we give money or not, our target is not met.. Kid does not get to eat food or smile back at you… is this the reason why they say that even money can’t buy happiness??


But I quote that whoever said money can’t buy happiness, perhaps did not knew what true happiness is…. Confused ?? ok… here comes a third Action which one can take -

Action 3 - You opened the case of your vehicle or may be your bag… took out a toffee and handed it over to the kid.

You did not do any thing new, instead of giving money you gave him something which he likes… and to all the money conscious people – a toffee in India costs just 50 paise, even today.

Pleasant Reality: The kid opens the toffee immediately, and puts it in his mouth… I can say it with 200% surety that he will smile back at you and you will always be remembered with happiness in his memories…

No this is not some theory that I am preaching.... I am following it since past few months and my experiences have been heavenly wonderful. Just as you, I also do not promote beggary but when I roll out the glass in front of a beggar, my heart cries out, and criticizes me of not returning back my share to society and mankind. I feel disgusted for not bringing smile on those impoverished faces, begging in front of me. Just because today God has blessed me with materialistic pleasures and intelligence to understand the negativity begging brings, I can not percept myself as GOD.

Well this is my way, this is my style.. and I shared it with you all in anticipation that you may like it….. I am not sure how far have I succeeded to put forth my idea and how much did you like it but I urge you that do give this a consideration…

N yeah do not forget to share your thoughts with me. I am eagerly waiting for your reaction.

Do Take Utmost Care of yourself as you are very precious.

Keep that 1000 watt smile on ..! {always}

Cheers

AkankshA

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful !

    It just touched me since my mom has been following this since ages, and it has passed on to me :) It definitely brings utmost satisfaction on distributing YOUR share of chocolates/ toffees/ biscuits/ fruits to a person who needs it. We don't promote beggary, in that sense. That's why I always have such a large lunch box (with extras in it) :) long journey to go..lots of people to meet.

    ReplyDelete